E-mail sign up

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Goodbye Maria Vanderkolk

Goodbye Maria, for those of you who don't know Maria was the chief architect of the print version of the Arvada Report every month. She was responsible for ensuring the Arvada Report showed the City in the best possible light and only printed meaningless stories that had nothing to do with what was actually going on. Well, goodbye Maria we will miss you; but not your editorial skills. Maria's husband owns the Ace Hardware in the Triangle redevelopment project. 


Maria Vanderkolk has announced she is leaving the City of Arvada. This is how the letter read:


From: Maria Vanderkolk [mailto:maria-v@arvada.org]
Sent: Tuesday, May 31, 2011

To: Undisclosed Recipients 
Subject: my resignation

Hi folks.  Wasn't sure who to send this to so I figured I'd cover my bases!
In any event, I don't know if you've heard, but I am resigning my position 
at the City effective June 10 and starting a new job in downtown Denver on 
June 13.  While I hope to return to Arvada Jefferson Kiwanis, at least for a
little while I need to figure out my flexibility with the new company.  So
effective immediately, please accept my resignation from Arvada Jefferson
and I hope to see you again soon!

Maria VanderKolk

Assistant City Manager 
Public Information Officer (Propaganda Officer)
City of Arvada
8101 Ralston Road
Arvada, CO  80001

It seems that since Mr. Kocian has announced his departure everyone is quitting. Bill Ray of course is desperately looking for a new post, but none of the municipalities seem to want him to work for them. 




No comments:

Post a Comment