E-mail sign up

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Craig Kocian - City Manager Retires


Craig Kocian, long time Arvada City Manager anounced today that he would be retiring later this year. Following is the letter he sent staff anouncing his decision to retire in September:

 "Sent: Feb 7, 2011 9:21 PM
Subject: Really?

Folks,

After years of whining and complaining (mine), rumors and speculation
(everybody else), I've actually decided to do something about it. Tonight, I
informed the council by letter that I intend to retire, effective September
30 (that would be this year!).

This public service and city manager business have been a great run for 44
years, more than 25 of which will have been with the City of Arvada by the
time September rolls around. Arvada has been a wonderful place (Maria and
Michele H)) to live, work and play. We started our family here and -
obviously - lived here for 25 years. It has been my privilege during this
time to work with some of the best employees in the world ---  public or
private ---  the Arvada city employees(!). And I (and we) have enjoyed the
support of a succession of energetic, thoughtful,  and dedicated city
councils. Its members have included some of the finest elected officials for
which any of us could hope to work.

You need to know from me that I am especially grateful for the work that you
have done on my behalf and for this community. You bring honor and dignity
to yourselves and to your positions everyday. The most difficult aspect of
leaving will be giving up the time that I have with you and your staffs
working to strategize, problem-solve, firefight, crisis manage, and add
value to our citizens lives. There will still be plenty of time for
nostalgia, but I want to say thank you to each of you for making me look
like a reasonable representation of a city manager.

Craig"


Thanks for all the hard work you have done for the city over the years Craig.

No comments:

Post a Comment